Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Summer Reads


Sorry - kind of not in the festive mood this year so we have kind of cancelled Christmas here. So lets talk books and what I'm reading during the holidays.

Half way through 'Grace' and I'm really enjoying it. I must go back and watch "The September Issue" again now.


Hopefully waiting for me at home, having ordered it online before the break is Megan Morton's new book. I think great for a 'flick through' after work out the back with a wine while Chuck has his afternoon frolic outside. It will also serve as a fabulous piece of eye candy in the lounge room and has connections to two of the items of my 'to do' list of 2013 - a fabulous built in book case in my living space, and a trip to Sydney to do something at 'the school'.

Another book hopefully waiting for me when I get home is by THE queen of chick lit - Maggie Alderson. She always delivers. Can't wait.


Chris Cleave - I am yet to read 'Gold', but picked up "Incendiary" during one of my trips to the Philippines this year. Yikes, as disturbing and intense as "Little Bee", it was still a great read. I polished this one off while in Bali a couple of weeks ago.


Speaking of books, Have you checked out Miss Sarah's new venture yet? "Our Little Place" - a gorgeous selection of fashion, interiors and lifestyle books all available online.

8 comments:

Squeak & Squirrel said...

If you are looking for a school buddy, I'm totally it. Girls' weekend away... xxx

Faux Fuchsia said...

am sorry to read you aren't festive- some of the very saddest times of my life have been Christmas. Left my husband in early Jan 1998. Christmas is very depressing if things aren't great.Luff Maggie and met her twice! x

Kate said...

I love Maggie too... she is a super smart woman and talented writer. Hang in there Kimberlee. You have lots of friends online who are hoping that you are ok xx

Kimberlee @ Brown Button said...

thanks sweets - no sympathy required, bought it upon myself. all good xxxxx

Chimmy said...

2012 is almost over, so I hope things are looking up for 2013 :)

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the festive front, I can't wait for this year to be over. Let us know how you go with the books, I'm always on the look out for a good book. I hope things become shiny and fabulous soon. Kx (The Blog a House Built)

Kate said...

Started the new Maggie Alderson. Reading it inbetween episodes of Hart of Dixie - presents from Santa. Anything by Kate Morton is always a great read too :) x

Sarah said...

Thanks sweets, hope your new year's brings you some more cheer, you deserve to celebrate. I can't wait to see what 2013 brings for you and for Brown Button xxxxxxx