Thursday, October 18, 2012

Just hear those sleigh bells jinglin'



 
What did you used to leave out for Santa to fill with goodies each Christmas Eve? My sister and I used pillow cases at the end of the bed. The biggest we could find, of course. Until Santa got smart and would put a blown up balloon in the for good measure as well - make it look more full than it was. humph.
We would always travel to the city for Christmas and stay with my Grandparents. I was SURE one night I actually heard Santa and his reindeer's, come in and fill our pillow cases with presents and eat the milk and biscuits. I heard bells you see. Years later I realise. Dad used to wear a sandals (I know... at least we got him out of the socks and sandals combo...), and the buckle used to sound a lot like a bell when he walked....
 
I don't think Santa knows where I live anymore, but I think this would make a great carry all to the beach this summer as well!


3 comments:

Something Gorgeous said...

I love them. Might go and check them out for my girls. Giulia.x

Heidi said...

Did your Dad wear Jesus sandals too? OMG! I haven't thought of that in forever. I love the pillow cases with presents idea, just love it. I think this year I am going to do pajamas for Christmas Eve and our favorite Christmas movie, "Christmas Vacation" and some hot cocoa. Start a new tradition. If I was there in OZ, I guess it would be Christmas swim suites and roasting marshmallows for s'mores. More pictures of Mr. Bass please, if I am allowed to make a post request. Have a fantastic weekend. Love, Heidi

Brooke said...

I love that I'm not the only one already thinking about Christmas! I bought burlap Christmas stockings from Provincial Home Living last year - you're never too old to leave one out for Santa to fill!