Monday, September 10, 2012

Check in with Chuck



I think I have done VERY well not to turn this blog into 'chuckbass.com' - because seriously. Look. At. Him. He kills me with his cuteness. Cuteness which gets him out of a multitude of sticky situations and serious punishment. What could such a delicious looking kitten get up to I hear you ask???


Well, there is his frequent 'tight rope' antics on the clothes airer (such a sophisticated piece of decorating  this airer has been by the fire throughout winter) - oh, and lets not forget the poor lamp in the background. I've tried to repair it multiple times with electrical tape, I've almost given up.


This is a familiar sight when I return home from work. Not exactly my taste in decorating. It seriously looks like Chuck Bass has had a wild party in my absence (i joke that he is on some sort of 'kitty crack' - maybe i'm not too far off?!)



Then there is his 'king of the castle' routine. Again - some fabulous decorating by me, a single mattress up against the fire place in the second bedroom/guest room/ junk room/ shop store room and study. Those pricked up ears almost even look like a crown.... How does he get up there I hear you ask???

Mountain climbing of course........ (don't you think this looks like something out of 'twlight' when Edward climbs the trees?)


Little monkey looking super cute in my bedroom. I love this photo because he still looks like a little kitten here. He is 5 months old now. Have you ever tried to make a bed with a kitten in attendance?..... So tempting to tuck him in under the fitted sheet...


I took this photo last night. I have had the quietest weekend in a long time and, well, it was fabulous. Lucky for me Chuck was there to 'supervise' my gardening (thats a fancy word i'm going to use for the weeding I did in the garden out the front of my house), washing loads and loads of washing, and cleaning the house (the fur muffin ain't that smart. I'll admit that. Chasing the mop as I washed the floor boards. He looked like a cartoon character as his paws lost grip under him as he scooted down the hallway after the mop- leaving tiny paw prints in his wake)


So it's Monday again and I've got home and he is waiting by the door. I have a feeling he spent most of the day with his new toy - the box the DVD player I bought Friday night came in. Like I said, not bright.... But then, it appears he likes 'Monday night, ABC night' as much as I do. Totally enthralled in Q & A here. 

Yep - i'm completely smitten, I'll wear my 'cat lady' badge with pride.  Sorry that with these photos of Chuck you also got a sneak peak in the lack of decorating the poor SFC has had recently. I feel like a uni student squatting in my own home. Lots of plans, they will just have to wait. Maybe I should have entered the Bass Burger in the Royal Adelaide Show this week, maybe we could have won the big bucks..... I'll get there. xox

7 comments:

Squeak & Squirrel said...

Hilarious!! Such a handsome puddy tat. xx

Gild and Grace said...

He is so adorable kimberlee! Far too cute to be told off for any of his antics :)

Abbey x

Poppy Q said...

You let your freak cat lady badge fly Kimberlee. The pictures of Chuck are awesome, such a cute chap.

Miss Pops loves bed changing night, it takes me a good forty minutes to get the sheet on the bed, as she loves to play underneath it.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

Super cute - he's a very busy Bass!

Have I told you I have a friend who has a Dalmatian called Bass? After Chuck of course - he's very cheeky and awfully cute too.

Keren
xx

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

He is gorgeous Kimberlee! I bet you find yourself saying 'Lucky your're cute!' Just what I say to my little mischievous Mr 5 Tommy nearly every day. xx

TINA KENT said...

He's so naughty! Bit like my toddler! Do cats need training like dogs or do you kind of just go with it I wonder!! Good luck . . .too sweet to reprimand I would imagine. Not like my toddler! lovT
www.ladychatterleysaffair.com

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie!! Our cat died a year ago and after seeing these pics, I'm ready for another one!

theartistbook.blogspot.com