Wednesday, August 29, 2012

De-clutter, de-stress.... and breathe....

What have I done? - a good thing I keep telling myself. 28 days without FB. Yep. NO FACEBOOK FOR A MONTH. Without realising it (actually that's not true, i knew it, i chose to ignore it), I'm addicted to regularly checking my phone for emails, texts, facebook and instagram. Time for some time out! One whole month -  It shouldn't be that hard. Life still carried on before Facebook. Heck - life even existed before the mobile phone! (don't worry kids, I won't go as far to suggest it existed before computers and the internet, not willing to admit that I remember that time...)

When I am in the Philippines for work I don't have international roaming on my mobile, and there is something quite relaxing about that. I'm hoping for the same kind of 'zen' while I am 'sans-facebook' -  because god knows right now I need some 'zen'...

I must post some gorgeous interiors photos soon on this little blog, its been a while hasn't it - sorry all!

Much Love xxxx

5 comments:

debbie said...

its a creeping addiction..I got locked out of FB for 12 hours..I was in a state of panic..lol enjoy xxDeb

Sarah said...

You are so brave, I can't wait to see how you go. At least you'll be off somewhere nice to take your mind off it though.
Will miss you though :( come back soon xx

Heidi said...

Good for you! I did Facebook for 2 weeks and then I canceled it. It was running my life, I always wanted to check it and then all of the people of my past started to enter my present, I shut that mutha down. There is a reason some people from my past are not in my life in the present. Lets keep it that way. You know what your doing, you know there are things that will make a better you and a better life. Here's to your moments of Zen. Love, Heidi

Emma said...

Yay, hooray and congrats on giving going with out FB a crack. I've decided to reactivate mine but to try and be disciplined in looking at it. Tricky, but a challenge!

maxipix said...

I deactivated my account last November and whilst I had a few moments of regret at the beginning I have never felt so free.
Thanks for sharing