Wednesday, January 7, 2009

While we are talking shop.....

Noosa Heads is home to the infamous Hastings Street. Honestly, there are better shopping precincts but it is the home to my shopping mecca (and that's a big call coming from a self confessed, card carrying shopaholic...). Introducing Signature on Hastings. My love affair began two years ago when I stumbled upon the store while waddling up Hastings Street in the Christmas heat. I circled the store- jaw wide open, drool and spittle splattering merchandise as I gawked in awe at its beauty (bit gross, I know - sorry.) The best bit? The whole shop is colour blocked. Whites, creams and beige in one corner, black in another, aquas just inside the door, red and oranges share a wall, a beautiful hue of pinks upstairs. As well as home wares and the best baby and children's gifts ever, their range of silver and pearl jewellery had this little brown button in a spin. Knowing what I was in for this time, I entered the shop with my jaw firmly clenched as to avoid soiling missoni cashmere throws and diptyque candles. Having promised myself this year would be a 'budget conscience' one, I just did essential shopping at Signature. Gifts. This blabla doll and Maisy building blocks - Christmas gifts for Ruby, a monogrammed pillow slip for E, housemate extraordinaire and a lil' bit of Missoni for Miss A's birthday. I think I'll open a special savings account for a little signature shopping next time I'm up in Noosa. Til Christmas 2010 lover, lover...... photos by moi.

16 comments:

Bespoke Press said...

My all time favourite shop! So worth the drive to Noosa just for a visit!!

J ..de Santa Fe said...

loveLOVE that mini CoCo blahblah doll!
Who could resist that little bundle of Yum??
J de drooling,too

Sara Bradshaw said...

Yummy! Reminds me a little of Caravan in Bondi but it looks better and a lot bigger! x

Callie Grayson said...

Kimberlee,
You crack me up! What a great store and I loved how you explained your reaction.
xx
callie

mondo cherry said...

One of our time favourite shops too. We have been regular visitors for years. Good idea to start a savings account!
Clare

lily-g said...

like all us girls, I love it too and have be known to spend way to much, but hey its holiday time so its perfectly okay x

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

A wonderful shopping account we all need, i guess *wink

I enjoy reading every post u have.
I found you by browsing all my favs blogs!

TY for sharing...

Room design studio said...

I'm kinda short on money these days.. but thank God this store is not near my home ..or else I would be a homless with some great home accessories lol

Lauren said...

WOW. What an awesome shop. Just found your blog & am loving it! :)

Tina said...

what a beautiful shop! kinda of a good it's not near me otherwise i'll have no money left in my bank! ;)

Sweet Nothings said...

oh this store is adorable

MelsRosePlace said...

Wow, that looks wonderful - i will be sure to visit the next time I am up that way, Mel xxx

Courtney said...

That shops looks wonderful! I can see why you'd need a special savings account for it! :)

The Enchanted Closet said...

One of my all time favourite shops too!

Seana said...

Thank you so much for the great shop suggestion in Noosa! My husband and I will be in Australia for our first time (we are American) this May and plan on driving from Brisbane to Noosa. I will definitely be checking out Signature. Anyone have any suggestions for a good place to stay in Noosa?

Lin said...

I just got back from a few days in Noosa. The shops are amazing (and expensive). Think I will be having myself a little savings plan too :)
I just found your blog... it's so lovely. I will be back often.
Cheers